• jon

Posted 1166 days ago

• What really came to mind for me, through all of these excruciating stories, was that although anti-immigration is OK as a political ideology, the real-life implementation of it is often horrifying. The thing is, voters are often kept behind closed doors, where truly bad actors such as Stephen Miller concoct these atrocious policies and programs to further their political and ideological goals.

I don't think anybody in their right mind would agree with how refugees were treated under the Trump administration (and certainly administrations prior to it), but the issue is that they don't hear the true stories. Or they might consider them "fake news" or brush them off without seriously considering them.

I don't think that anybody who actually sat down with these refugees and listened to their stories could deny them entry. The beaurocratic system, where Miller issues an order without coming into contact with the person, and then the judge simply enacts that order as if they don't have power, enables them to ignore their humanity.