• jon

Posted 1158 days ago

• I think that Britain actings as a "broker" for international peace and democratic progress is a very reasonable goal. Even though it no longer holds sway in the world as a power, it "will probably be the sixth or seventh largest economy in the world in 2030, with still a far higher GDP per capita than China or India."

If this holds true as Niblett suggests, Britain as a small country can serve as a model of democratic progress. As an American, I do view Britain as a model. And having lived in Catalonia for a couple years during the independence movement, I know that Europeans also see Brexit and the Scottish referendums as models for how a democracy should operate (even if some people don't agree with the outcomes, they are vomited to the system of democratic choice).

On this same note, Britain is a hub of finance and tech, so Nibletts two pinta about green investment and climate financing, as well as a center for combatting misinformation and disinformation could be two very good models to implement. I believe the world would consider both if these efforts well, and they could propell Britain as a moral leader in the incoming years. Other countries could consider a similar approach.